- Examining the extent of AVX related downclocking on Intel's Ice Lake CPU
- Concurrent operations can be grouped relatively neatly into categories based on their cost
- Unexpected performance deviations depending on how you spell zero.
- Investigating some details of SIMD related frequency transitions on Intel CPUs.
- Some mostly too-low-level-to-care-about hardware details of the mask registers introduced in AVX-512.
- Can using clang-format make your code slower? Kind of.
vector<T> for various
T may not perform as you'd expect.
- Trying to determine exactly where asynchronous interrupts are delivered on Intel CPUs.
- A laundry list of speed limits that your code can't exceed.
- Building sort functions faster than what the C and C++ standard libraries offer.
- CPU microcode updates can cause silent and dramatic performance changes.